21.3.11

Schweizer Stirnband!

(en. "Swiss headband!")

Just finished this little knitting project, when up in the mountains of Lenzerheide, with the final crocheted edges completed while sitting in Cafe Aurora. I made this one for a good friend who is an avid tennis-player with long hair (hence in need of a headband/sweatband when playing) who also appreciates corny puns, and how this present is a bit of a corny pun is that I'll be visiting him in the US in April, with me coming from Switzerland (hence the swiss flag colors on the red with the white cross side), and then I learned how to do double-sided knitting, such that it's reversible, to then create the other side as white with a red cross, or the international symbol for medical aid, since he just finished med school a year ago :-) *goofy grin*
...fun making it, and hope he likes it!



No comments:

Post a Comment